I love okra but my children usually aren't so keen because of its sometimes slimy texture but I decided I would do my best to make a meal including okra that they could not help but love. In my house we are curry lovers; Indian style curry, Caribbean style curry, Thai style curry, you name it we love it. Thankfully this okra curry went down a treat.
1 green sweet pepper
1 red chilli pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
2 1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp black pepper
500ml vegetable stock
100g frozen mixed vegetables
3 large potatoes
sea salt to taste
3 tbsp coconut oil
1. De-seed and chop the peppers
2. Chop the ginger, onions, garlic
3. Peel and chop the potatoes into quarters and the okra in halves ensuring that you cut off and discard the tips and ends.
4. Add the coconut oil to the pan and once hot sauté the ginger, onions, garlic and peppers until soft
5. Add the curry powder, black pepper and vegetable stock
6. Add the okra and the potatoes cover and cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes or until all raw ingredients are cooked. Keep checking as you may need to add more stock.
7. Add the mixed vegetables and boil for a further 4 minutes
8. Add salt to taste
9. Serve with cooked quinoa or rice