When I saw Santa Maria (formally Discovery Foods) at Britmums Live I rushed over to get myself a fajita kit and of course to try the salsa, which by the way was delicious in mild, medium and hot (one has to try them all!). With my fajita kit in hand I was more than willing to take on their challenge to tell them how we eat our fajitas at home.
With little bellies roaring (and one not so little belly) last weekend I decided that it was fajita time. I grabbed my kit and went into my totally upside down kitchen, I'm decorating and have moved everything in there, but that's a story for another day. It took about 20minutes from start to finish to have the meal plated and ready to eat. Although we do like to mix it up and try different ingredients, here is how we ate our fajitas.
1 medium onion
1 sweet pepper
1 80g tin of sweetcorn
1 plantain (a sweet fruit from the banana family)
Santa Maria Fajita Seasoning Mix - Medium
Santa Maria Plain Flour Soft Tortillas
Spinach or salad of your choice
1. Chop onions, sweet pepper and plantain and set aside.
2. In a bowl add a generous amount of coconut oil (approximately 1 1/2 heaped tablespoons) to the Quorn and mix.
4. Saute the onions and peppers in a little coconut oil until golden.
5. Add the Quorn, sweetcorn and plantain to the onion and pepper mixture and fry for around 10 minutes.
6. Cover and leave on a low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Heat fajitas in the oven or microwave according to the instructions on the pack (should only take a few seconds to heat).
8. Place your mixture into your fajita add chopped spinach (or salad of your choice) and that's a wrap.