- 2 large spring onions
- 1 whole sweet pepper (I used a yellow pepper seeds removed)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 hot chili peppers (seeds removed)
- large handful of spinach
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1/2-1 tsp salt (may need more depending on taste)
- 250g self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Sunflower oil for frying
1. Clean and roughly chop Onions, sweet pepper, chili peppers and garlic place into a food processor.
2. Wash spinach and squeeze out any excess water.
3. Add mixed herbs, black pepper, salt, all purpose seasoning and spinach to the food processor.
5. Remove from food processor and place in a large bowl.
6. Add the flour and eggs, mix to form a batter.
7. Heat the oil in a pan, test to see if the oil is hot by sprinkling a small bit of flour in the pan.
8. Take approximately 1 large tbsp of the batter and place in the pan, turn throughout cooking process and pierce with a fork making sure they are evenly cooked.
9. Once cooked remove and place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
10. Serve with salad and a dressing of your choice ( I chose Morrison's Soy Chili/ginger dressing mixed with mayonnaise.)
(Alternative serving suggestion: serve as an accompaniment to a meat dish)
I decided to link this recipe to Honest Mum's 'Tasty Tuesdays' where you can find more recipes.